Girl’s Tennis struggled through the year

Lucelis Martinez, Staff Writer

The 2017 Girl’s Tennis season was filled with effort from the players who desired to have a successful run. The girls worked towards picking up from where they left off last year and improving their record overall. Girl’s tennis coach Chad Spitler talked to the Vista View about some of the expectations, goals, and results of this 2017 girl’s tennis season.

Spitler explained, “This was a rebuilding year for the girls tennis team as we only had one returning varsity player from last years team. We struggled to a 1-9 record in league. I believe that each individual improved throughout the year as well as the team and I have no doubt we will improve next year as well.”

On most days VMHS students could see the girls practicing. They were determined to do the best job possible. The Girl’s tennis team worked together as a whole but there were also a couple of outstanding and dedicated players who the coach thought put their all into the season.

Spitler revealed, “Two players deserve special recognition as they were selected to the second team all league. They are Dani Arribere and Sara Lowe. Both are juniors, it was Sara’s first year on varsity and Dani was the lone returning varsity player who did great job leading the team.”