Aly Bean adds magic with every swing

Lucelis Martinez, Staff Writer

Aly Bean, a senior and golf player, has had a positive golf season.

Frank Bellino
Courtesy of Press Enterprise

Bean revealed that, “I think it’s super awesome that I’ve been able to postseason
play in CIF all four years and be a starter where I can contribute to everything we’ve
done as a team. And to win three consecutive league championships was pretty cool.’’

Bean’s improvement in the sport has been a result of the love she has for it. But,
Bean also went on to talk about how her team has influenced her performance.

“We’re a little crazy. The good thing is that everyone gets along really well and
we’ve been able to hang out and get to know each other really well. I’m always
impressed with how everyone is able to joke around with each other. Even if things
aren’t going well while golfing, we always find a way to laugh it out at the end of the
day.”

Bean also talked about her past experiences with golf, and the impact it has on her
life now.

“I’ve been playing golf since I was really little but it wasn’t anything serious until I was in about 7th grade. I’ve played all four years in high school and will be playing in college too. If I didn’t play golf, a lot would be different. I wouldn’t know the same people and wouldn’t have any activity to do. It takes up a lot of time but I’ll always choose to golf and prioritize what else I have to do afterwards.”

It takes up a lot of time but I’ll always choose to golf and prioritize what else I have to do afterwards.”

— Aly Bean

Bean’s experience has come with challenges but she loves golf so much that she intends to keep playing it. Her experience has also helped her grow in other areas of life.

“I love how challenging golf is, how much I’ve learned from it over the years. It’s taught me a lot on balancing my schedule and I’ve been able to meet so many amazing people that I’m able to do something I love with.”

Playing golf has given Bean a goal to shoot towards. While she’s had both positive and negative encounters with the sport, the positives outweigh the negatives for her. While she feels happy about what’s she’s done until now, she also admits that there is always room to grow and get better.

“It just takes a lot of practice to get to the point where you feel like everything is going really well and that you’re playing the best you can, so being able to put myself in that position more will be good for me. There’s a lot I want to improve on. I think I just really need to become mentally stronger and not let the little things bother me as much. I know that will help my confidence a bunch.”