Lindemeyer dreams of the future

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lindemeyer dreams of the future

Lindemeyer (middle left) with his winning team at Vista's 2019 Scholar Bowl

Cassidy Lovell, Staff Writer

Summer is nearly here- and one student, class president Blake Lindemeyer, ‘19, prepares for a life after high school.

After all, high school is only four years long. Though it may seem like forever, it’s an experience you’ll want to make the most of.

“Get involved. You’ve probably heard it enough times, but it really does make your time here more enjoyable,” said Lindemeyer.

Lindemeyer definitely got involved. He served as Vice President of the Class of 2019 his freshman year, and President during his Senior year. He’s a part of Broncobotics, ASB, Link Crew, NHS, and the Settlers of Catan club. He will be receiving a commitment cord for ASB, given out to honor students that have dedicated themselves to a program for four years.

“My senior year, I spent a lot of time with friends. But also, I was stressing out about colleges. Both made it pretty memorable,” he said.

Lindemeyer was recently accepted to University of San Diego and plans to study mechanical engineering. After college, he dreams of using his skills to become a Disney Imagineer.

As Lindemeyer leaves Vista, he also leaves behind a final farewell.

“My own words of wisdom would be for each graduating senior to be the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s super cheesy, but we all have our differences and they should be embraced as we move on in life.”
Lindemeyer’s final thoughts on his experience at VMHS were, “And I probably won’t run for president ever again, but we’ll see.”