Q&A: Mr. Bronco stars put on the greatest show

Back to Article
Back to Article

The winners of Mr. Bronco stand together at the event

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson

Emma Jackson, Staff Writer

Themed around The Greatest Showman, Mr. Bronco 2019 turned heads with all the amazing performances and hilarious jokes. The guys left the crowd stunned and blown away. The event included pickup lines, talent portions, fancy wear, swimsuit wear, and much more. The night came to a halt when the winners were announced. The audience was thoroughly impressed with Brandon Tibbets since they chose him as their fan favorite. The judges awarded Ray Napoles with the title of Mr. Bronco after he stole their hearts away with his original song. Romel Zuniga took second place, amazing the crowd with his hilarious on-stage personality. Here are some special words from these special seniors.  

Winner: Ray Napoles 

Can you describe the emotions you felt when they announced you as the winner of Mr. Bronco 2019? 

“I was genuinely shocked after they announced my name, I felt as if a lot of other guys were deserving, but to see everyone as excited as they were for me was a really great feeling. The best part about it was how many people came up to me afterwards telling me how much they loved and related to my song/ performance. It made the whole night very special to me.”

What made you do Mr. Bronco? 

“What got me into doing Mr. Bronco was the fact that I had a lot of friends doing it, and I have been making music for a while, but was never very fond of performing in front of people like that. Yet, a lot of people like what I make, so people pretty much said I’d do great if I did it and it ended up being one of my best experiences during high school.”

In one word, describe your Mr. Bronco 2019 experience.

“To put the experience in one word I would describe it as breathtaking because it takes a lot of confidence to step out of your comfort zone and perform.”

Fan Favorite: Brandon Tibbetts 

How did it feel to be chosen as Fan Favorite by a group of your peers?  

“I feel so loved by all my family and friends that came out to support me. I really tried my best to put on a show for everyone and it really payed off.” 

Why did you do Mr. Bronco 2019? 

“I did Mr. Bronco this year because I like to put myself out there and make a memory out of every chance I get and this memory will definitely be one for the books.” 

“If I had to choose one word that represents my Mr. bronco experience it would be No-Good because I feel like I was really up to no good throughout the whole competition.”