Waite carries C.L.A.S.S. to Texas

Waite smiles as she receives her class award.

BNN

Kathrine Beyer, Staff Writer

Kelsey Waite, ’19, has been a leader on campus through her years as a ASB President and looks forward to a successful future. Waite first came to Vista her junior year and has left a legacy of unity and positivity through her involvement both in and outside of school.

“My experience in ASB throughout high school has been truly amazing. I moved to Vista my junior year, and I fell in love with the atmosphere and people here… the second I got here. I quickly got involved in ASB and decided to run for ASB President. I was honored to win, and it has truly been a gift. I have gotten the chance to lead with such amazing people, and I have met so many students and administrators on campus that I would never had the chance to meet otherwise. It was an opportunity of a lifetime, and I am so blessed,” said Waite. 

As well as being ASB President, Waite is also the varsity dance captain and varsity lacrosse captain. She founded her own charity club, Lead to Feed, which has organized street feeds for the homeless in San Diego. She is also a member of the academic groups California Scholarship Federation (CSF) and National Honor Society (NHS). Outside of school, she is president of National Charity League and a member of Assistance League (a nonprofit community organization). Waite’s leadership skills in her many different commitments have helped her make a difference in her school. 

I believe that my best accomplishment as ASB President has been my ability to make what I think has been a big impact on the school and its culture in such a short amount of time, specifically within the leadership groups,” Waite noted. “Within the classroom, I emphasize our dot board, which has all student groups on campus listed. Our goal is to make sure every student at Vista gets recognized in some way. I have worked hard to integrate the leadership programs and bring a sense of unity on campus, and I believe there has been some improvement in that direction. 

After graduation, Waite plans to attend Texas Christian University, major in biochemistry, and become a surgeon. She intends to continue her charity work and develop Lead to Feed into a nonprofit organization. 

I am excited to start working directly with what my future career could entail. I want to make a difference both inside and outside of the classroom, and I think that TCU will give me that opportunity,” Waite said. I am sad to move on from Vista, but I know that it has prepared me for my future. Vista has been my home for the past two years and I will surely miss all of my friends that I made in that time. However, I know I will always be welcome back, and I will be sure to make everyone proud. I have been blessed to attend such an amazing school, and I will never forget the memories I made while I was a Bronco.