The life of Mr. Jackson

Provided+by+Amari+Jackson+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The life of Mr. Jackson

Provided by Amari Jackson

Provided by Amari Jackson

Provided by Amari Jackson

Provided by Amari Jackson

DeShaun Stansberry, Staff Writer

Who is Amari Jackson? Great question. He is an outstanding student athlete of the class of 2019. He has played for the varsity basketball team, is co-president of YGLC (Young Gentlemen’s Leadership Club), and an active member of BSU (Black Student Union).  

Jackson’s peers see him as someone they can go to for help and trust as a mentor. Three words teachers and students have used to describe Jackson include passionate, determined, and relentless. He hopes he can support others with school questions and the stress that goes along with a heavy workload. 

“To my peers I feel like an uplifting, helping hand,” said Jackson when describing himself and his impact around campus.  

Jackson explained that being president of YGLC in many ways has helped him develop mentally 

Even with being an athlete and having different involvement in other extracurricular activities, I’ve always tried to go for the hardest classes. When it comes to APs I have always kept my grades up,said Jackson. 

Currently Jackson is maintaining an impressive 4.1 GPA and as a result other staff and students around campus have noticed the hard work he has striven to complete throughout these four years in high school.  

Shonda Burrus, a counselor, coach, and adviser on campus commented, “Amari Jackson is a young and talented gentleman with a great sense of leadership and has always been respectful and responsible. 

The thing that truly makes Jackson himself is the fact that he always gives 100%. Having such a busy schedule he has found that appreciating his down time is a big thing that has shaped him. Then, within his down time, he uses it to strengthen his relationship with God. So in all, the Amari Jackson Way is his faith in God and his drive to put his all into everything he strives for. 

Advice he would give to any upcoming seniors or underclassmen is “take AP Macroeconomics because Mr. Martinelli is great. Don’t be anti-social, try and expand who you meet. I’ve tried doing this: meet one new person every day. I feel like that will create a better campus vibe and don’t be uptight.”