Corzine can’t wait for Cornell

Back to Article
Back to Article

Corzine can’t wait for Cornell

Provided by Diana Corzine

Provided by Diana Corzine

Provided by Diana Corzine

Cassidy Lovell, Staff Writer

In mid-December, news quickly spread around campus that Diana Corzine, ‘19, had been accepted to Cornell, an exceptional Ivy League university located in Ithica, New York.

Cornell, established in 1865, is a private and statutory Ivy League research university with only a 15% acceptance rate. Notable alumni include Bill Nye, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Toni Morrison, Mae Jemison, and Kurt Vonnegut.

With 84% of her tuition paid for, Corzine’s acceptance into her choice major of Fashion Design Management thrills her.

“I loved design,” she said, “I wanted to be a designer coming in. Now that I’m nearing the end of the class, though, I like the business aspect of it- managerial, product development, communications. I think that’s really cool. It’s going to be such a culture shock. I’ve always lived in SoCal, and I’ll be going all the way to the freezing cold. But it’s beautiful. I’m excited about the location, and I’m beyond delirious about the school.”

Corzine, having completed the fashion pathway, currently presides as the club’s Vice President.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a hobby, but it’s a big part of my life. I do, you know, academics. I try not to slack off, and then I have work. It’s a lot of designing stuff. I do a lot of leadership on campus as well. In the NHS, CSF Commissioner of Community Service, Interact- I’m secretary.”

Corzine is quite active on campus – something colleges look for in their applicants. There’s much in store for Diana Corzine – and maybe we’ll catch Diana Corzine’s brand in stores.

“That’s the end goal- to start my own business. I’d start by doing internships, and hopefully do really well with those that an already established company would hire me. Then, I’d just work my way up until have enough money to respectfully leave and start my own. But I don’t think I would limit myself to just fashion, honestly. I couldn’t. I probably would be doing furniture and technology, too. Partnering up with engineers. They have a really good engineering program- and I’m all about sustainability and ethics.”

Fashion Design Management revolves around the economic and marketing principles of creation and entrepreneurship- designing, manufacturing, and marketing products.

“If I could tell my Freshman self one thing… Honestly, life is falling into place. Stop going to bed at 2 in the morning- stop doing that. Otherwise, like, the stress and all? I think it’s worth it. Obviously I didn’t just get here alone; so many people have contributed- my teachers, my family, my friends. But sleep deprivation is bad, Diana! Don’t be dumb.”

Avant-Garde. Determined. Creative.

Diana Corzine is our kind of Bronco.