The Vista View

Night Rally lights up our path to victory

Emma Jackson, Staff Writer

The annual Night Rally held by the Bronco Bleacher Creatures (BBC) has played an important part in maintaining school spirit throughout the years. Vista Murrieta BBC held their annual Night Rally on Wednesday October 24, 2018, in preparations for the rivals football game against Murrieta Valley High School (MVHS). The Night Rally was held from 7:00-8:00 pm and included performances from many different student-led clubs and organizations with the goal of engaging the student body in the recognition of the Vista Murrieta High School Varsity Football Team.

The Night Rally lit the path to victory with a neon theme that actively engaged the student body during the performances and activities. The Night Rally was hosted in the middle of the quad, starting at the stage and extending out past the planters. At the beginning of the Night Rally, BBC led with traditional chants and cheers, including the “Bronco Spell-Out” and the “Bronco A-Clap” to hype up the student body. BBC than began introducing the Vista Murrieta Varsity Football Team, categorizing them by their positions. After the introductions BBC advisor, Kurt Ruth, then came out to speak to the students as he described the history and meaning behind the Night Rally and the rivals football game.

“The Night Rally has become an annual event and a big part of Vista Murrieta High School. Every year we do it the night before the Murrieta Valley football game and I thought this year’s event was awesome. We had so many great performances from so many different groups and we really appreciate all those groups coming out and supporting the Varsity Football team” BBC advisor, Ruth, as he describes the Night Rally and the overall spirit of the student body.

After the introductions and the speech from Kurt Ruth the performances and activities followed. To begin, the Cheer team performed a short dance, then proceed with a set of cheers. The Cheer performance was then followed by Dance Teams, Dance Crew, Haka, Ohana, and the [newest addition] Step Team. The Night Rally ended with another series of school cheers, live music [from a student DJ], and snacks offered to all the students. After about 15 minutes of activities, the Night Rally ended promptly at 8:00.

“I thought that the people who were there had a great time and really enjoyed themselves and I think it meant a lot to the Varsity Football players as well. For them [Varsity Football Team] to go out the next night and beat Murrieta Valley and win the League title, I think is a very exciting thing. We look forward to many and many more fun Night Rally’s in future years,” Ruth said.